If you’re interested in joining WYWL, Apply Here.
To be eligible to join the Westport Young Woman’s League, a woman must be at least 21 years of age.
No member sponsorship is required to join WYWL – just an interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service and an interest connecting with the community and other women.
- Pay dues annually ($128 – pro-rated depending on when you join)
- Attend at least 5 general meetings a year (Generally held the 2nd Tuesday of the month Sept-May at 8pm. June Meeting is a dinner celebration.)
- Earn 20 credit hours
How to Earn Credit Hours
- Work at least 1 shift at our two major fund raiser (required)
- Contribute to community service drives
- Participate in community service projects
- Attend Ways and Means meetings
- Research a grant application
- Serve on the Board
- Serve on a Committee
- Bring food/drink to general meetings
- New Members should participate in at least one of the new member projects
Other Membership Requirements
WYWL requires that each member serve a minimum of seven years as an active member before she may become a sustaining member.
Major Fund Raisers
CraftWestport – Held the beginning of November at Staples High School
Minute Man Race – Usually the last Sunday in April. Start and finish at Compo Beach
Questions? Contact VP of Membership at VP@wywl.com