The Westport Young Woman’s League is a non-profit philanthropic organization of women committed to promoting a sense of community through volunteerism, social activities and fundraising for local charities. In order to join you must be at least 21 years old.
If you’re interested in joining WYWL, Apply Here.
To join the Westport Young Woman’s League, a woman must be at least 21 years of age.
No member sponsorship is required to join WYWL – just an interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service and an interest connecting with the community and other women.
- Pay dues annually ($128 – pro-rated depending on when you join)
- Attend at least 5 general meetings a year (Generally held the 2nd Tuesday of the month Sept-May at 8pm. June Meeting is a dinner celebration.)
- Earn 20 credit hours
How to Earn Credit Hours
- Work at least 1 shift at our two major fund raiser (required)
- Contribute to community service drives
- Participate in community service projects
- Attend Ways and Means meetings
- Research a grant application
- Serve on the Board
- Serve on a Committee
- Bring food/drink to general meetings
- New Members should participate in at least one of the new member projects
Other Membership Requirements
WYWL requires that each member serve a minimum of seven years as an active member before she may become a sustaining member.
Major Fund Raisers
CraftWestport – Held the beginning of November at Staples High School
Minute Man Race – Usually the last Sunday in April. Start and finish at Compo Beach
Questions? Contact VP of Membership at VP@wywl.com